Direct Debit has received numerous requests from NAEDO Users regarding the new Authenticated Collections (AC) system and we would like to give you a brief overview of how the system will work in future.
Should you have any queries regarding the new system, please feel free to contact us.
How will the authenticated collections process work?
Registering of the mandate:
- The sale is concluded between the debit order User and their Clients. Your Client agrees to the debit order and either a written or voice recorded mandate is obtained.
- You will then submit a request to authenticate the mandate to your Client’s bank via our system and Direct Debit will forward it on to your Client’s bank.
- Your Client’s bank will perform a validation on the request to ensure that the Client details provided match the Account holder details which they have on record. If the request passed the validation, your Client’s bank will submit the request to your Client.
- Your Client will then receive a notification of the mandate request from their bank and will either approve or decline the authorize mandate request.
- Once the Client has approved the mandate, the Client’s bank will register that mandate and the User will be notified via our system.
Authentication of the mandate:
1. Real-time Authentication
Where you require a ‘real-time’ response to your mandate request, you will be able to send the request via our system.
Two options will be available for the ‘real-time’ request depending on whether you are face-to-face with your Client or not.
Where you are face-to-face with your Client, a card based service will be available allowing your Client to swipe their card and enter their pin in order to approve the mandate.
Where the sale to your Client is not face-to-face, as long as the Client’s phone number is registered with their bank, they will be able to approve the mandate on their phone using the USSD service which the banks are busy developing.
The specific details and turnaround times for these requests are still being finalized by the banks and the regulator and we will update you as these are finalized.
2. Batch Authentication
Where you do not require an immediate response to your mandate request, you will be able to batch your requests and submit a file with all of the requests via our system.
On receipt of the request, your Client will have two business days to approve the request.
If you would like to be one of the first Users of the system, please register here: http://www.authenticatedcollection.com/
We will update all of the registered businesses’ once the system goes live.
If you would like to know more about Direct Debit and the services we offer, please feel free to request a call.